- - Legal
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
The Paralegal supports the team's legal counsel in day-to-day matters, manages on-going legal projects such as transactional due diligence, and administers the team's contract management system. The team seeks an experienced and highly organized legal professional who takes initiative and is capable of organizing and managing complex legal and business projects.
• Administer Contract Management System, developing and generating a standard report package for the team's senior leadership, utilizing reminders to assist Cubs associates in complying with critical dates and/or taking necessary actions throughout the contract life cycle, importing and logging new contracts, and administering security protocols.
• Maintain and update corporate minute books under supervision of VP, General Counsel and in-house Counsel.
• Provide assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions, including maintaining and organizing files.
• Under supervision of attorneys, draft, review and negotiate form agreements, including confidentiality agreements, independent contractor agreements, and supply agreements.
• Identify and escalate complex issues, current and potential, to attorney for direction and/or handling.
• Coordinate routine governmental filings and receive service of process.
• Support VP, General Counsel and in-house Counsel in corporate management, special projects, litigation, HR and IP related matters.
• Ensure the company legal files are maintained in accordance with company standards and policies, software requirements and ease of access.
• Assist with monitoring litigation including maintenance of the litigation file and responding to subpoenas and requests for company records.
• Process legal invoices and maintain legal expenditures database.
• Notarize documents and obtain apostilles from Illinois Department of State.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college
• 3-5 years of professional transactional legal experience
• Familiarity with corporate recordkeeping and legal requirements
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated strong ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and initiatives with minimal supervision
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word (including legal formatting), Excel), Visio and Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to work non-standard hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• 3-5 years of corporate paralegal experience
• Certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program
• Ability to read and speak Spanish