Executive Assistant to the VP of Human Resources
- - Human Resources
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
The Executive Assistant provides services essential to the mission of the organization and the day-to-day-operation of the office of the VP Human Resources. This individual also provides support to the organization's human resources team and other special committees and task forces as determined by the VP.
• Manages the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of the VP HR's office and provides support to the other members of the HR department.
• Schedules all business and personal appointments. Ensures VP HR is prepared for meetings and appointments with background information and/or supporting documents.
• Acts as a representative of the VP HR to all stakeholders, including associates, leadership team, candidates and outside partners.
• Responds to and handles confidential and sensitive information and requests with poise, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
• Coordinates, schedules and supports events, meetings and entertainment activities, including scheduling appropriate facilities, for all business and entertainment meetings.
• Ensures a good flow of communication with VP HR's internal and external contacts.
• Screens incoming calls to the VP, determining nature of call and if it requires the VP HR's attention. Will direct calls to other HR staff members, when appropriate. Will handle calls directly based on knowledge of the VP's preferences, office functions, policy, priorities, availability, etc.
• Reviews, prioritizes and processes all incoming correspondence directed to the VP HR. Directs mail to appropriate HR staff members with instructions and/or suggestions for response and follow-up. Drafts responses for the VP's signature based on knowledge of her activities, interests, priorities, issues, etc.
• Prepares correspondence for the VP's signature, ensuring accuracy, completeness and consistency with organizational policy.
• Makes all personal and business travel arrangements for the VP HR, including preparation of the itinerary and confirmation of lodging and transportation; prepares and monitors the timely reimbursement of expense reports.
• Maintains files used by the VP Human Resources and applies rules pertaining to retention and disposition.
• Processes departmental invoices for payment
• Completes special projects and assignments, as requested by VP HR
• A four-year undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college
• 3-5 years professional work experience supporting a senior executive, preferably in a mid to large size company
• Poised, professional presence
• Understands and respects the critical nature of confidential information
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team building skills across all levels of the organization
• Strong problem-solving skills; can troubleshoot "on the spot"
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Willing and capable partner to other Executive Assistants across the business
• Demonstrated fluency on Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
• Ability to work non-standard hours on occasion, including nights, weekends, game days and travel
• Prior experience working in and/or supporting a Human Resources department
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer