Seasonal Game and Event Setup Crew Supervisor
- - Facilities
- Chicago, IL, USA
The Setup Crew Supervisor will oversee the frontline staff charged with duties that directly relate to preparing the ballpark before, during, and after events. He/she is focused on leading a team upholding safety, and policy through observation, coaching, training, and ongoing evaluation.
• Deploy, assign, and manage /setup crew during scheduled shifts upholding designated and procedure policy.
• Ensure Wrigley Field and its campus are ready for event, including ballpark readiness.
• Promote positive interaction among peers and responsible for developing associates and team building through coaching and exercises.
• Complete a post shift report.
• Work with all of Ballpark Operations as necessary in preparation of and during an event.
• Interact with Command Center on a timely and efficient manner for any event related issues
• Report issues to Facility Manager, associate or event related
• Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of team members.
• Additional responsibilities as needed and as directed by management.
• Able to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 lbs. on a regular
• Demonstrated ability to address and problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate and communicate unique personal interactions.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to lead numerous projects in an effective manner.
• Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
• Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Be proficient in Excel.
• February – November.
• 18 years or older by Opening Day.
• Undergraduate degree in Communications or equivalent related facility experience, minimum of 2 years
• General equipment repair and maintenance knowledge.
• A passion for The Cubs and its unique history.
• Ability to thrive in a team setting and work under stress.
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer