Seasonal Game and Event Setup Crew
- - Facilities
- Chicago, IL, USA
The Seasonal Game and Event Setup Crew, Hourly position plays a vital role in delivering best-in-class fan experiences to guests of Wrigley Field. The ideal candidate will be consistent, energetic, personable, proactive, and hardworking. This person will assist with duties that directly relate to preparation and setup of the ballpark before and during events as well as preparing the ballpark for upcoming games and events.
REPORTS TO: Facilities Coordinator
• Distribute promotional items to visiting and home teams, umpires and front office. Move items to offsite storage, offices, and other cubs campus locations
• Gate Setup: distribute and set promotional items, distribute water coolers, place tables and table cloths, unlock and check wheelchairs, set barricade, distribute/set stanchions, turn on ballpark TV's, maintain a facility checklist for game-ready purposes to open, turn on ballpark lights, fans and heat as needed, assist with pulling tarp as needed, prep parking lots with water coolers and signs
• Pick up garbage on concourse; change garbage cans if needed, manage water coolers, run game event errands as needed, restock bathrooms with materials if needed
• Place barricade and signs on the exterior as needed, sweep garbage on the exterior of the building and in the neighborhoods
• Assist with receiving ballpark deliveries and pickups, pallet jack/fork deliveries to correct location, unload pallets, and stocking supplies daily. Help maintain organization in facility related spaces at ballpark and brown lot
• Setup marketing activation areas: tables, table cloths, garbage cans, checking for correct location and placement. Assist with clean up and break down of activation areas
• Event assistance: setup and breakdown for concerts including facility signage, seat placement, seat tagging, placing garbage cans and portable restrooms and setting up barricade, assist moving event related material to event locations prior to event services staff start, assist with special event load-ins as needed, hang special event signage
• Assist the AV team if necessary, including placement of platforms and podiums
• Various other duties as required
• Able to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to assist patrons and give appropriate directions.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 50lbs on an occasional basis.
• Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflict including but not limited to verbal and physical tactics.
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate and communicate unique personal interactions.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
• Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be available March – October.
• High School diploma or GED.
• General equipment repair and maintenance knowledge.
• A passion for The Cubs and its unique history.
• Ability to thrive in a team setting and work under stress.
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer