Temporary Grounds Crew
- - Grounds (Wrigley)
- Chicago, IL, USA
The Temporary Crew Seasonal, Hourly position plays a vital role in delivering best-in-class fan experiences to guests of Wrigley Field. The ideal candidate will be consistent, energetic, engaging, passionate, personable, proactive, and welcoming. This person will assist in duties that relate to field preparation both pre and post game.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Wrigley Field Playing Surface
• Perform general baseball field maintenance which includes preparing, maintaining, and repairing all field, bullpen, mound, plate and warning track areas.
• Assist with batting practice set-up and tear down, infield tarp deployment and removal, etc.
• Perform turf grass management including: mowing, edging, sodding, aerating, topdressing, irrigation repairs, as well as assisting with fertilizer and pest control applications.
• Responsible for cleanliness in batting cage areas, dugouts, etc. Assist the Custodial Game Crew with trash/recycling removal from concourse areas during games and events.
• General equipment repair and maintenance.
• Various other duties as required.
• 1 year previous experience in all technical areas of baseball field maintenance, including the use of specialized turf equipment, mowing skills, mound and plate repair, and turf grass replacement
• Able to perform the following physical tasks: bend, squat, kneel, twist, climb flights of stairs, walk on uneven ground, walk/run up and down ramps, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and lift up to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
• Demonstrated ability to address and resolve conflict including but not limited to verbal and physical tactics.
• Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to effectively adapt to work environment that is in constant change due to weather.
• Must be able to work nontraditional hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be available March – October.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 18 years or older by Opening Day.
• A passion for The Cubs and its unique history.
• A positive attitude
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team setting.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Responds well to coaching and feedback.
The Chicago Cubs are an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media